Saturday, May 21, 2011

The silence is deafening

The RSVPs are a little slow in coming. Are people scuffling to find reasonable excuses for why they can't get to Wichita 2012? Were they hoping for the end of the world to come today? Or are they merely holding their breath while the Indians are in first place?

These questions I cannot answer.

I can say this: Betsy will most likely not be at Wichita 2012. Our plans for cross-country travel, which have been in the works for at least 3 years, have been replaced by the expectation of another child. #5 is due in December. We hope to name him Rocky, or simply #5.

I am not yet prepared to cancel my plans to go to Wichita. I just have to teach Aidan and Wesley to drive so that I don't have to drive 22 straight hours.

5 comments:

Mazzucco said...

Him *or* her.
We don't know Rocky's gender yet.

Kansas Mom said...

Hooray for babies! Congratulations!

You're welcome to come to visit us this summer. I'm sure traveling 22 hours while five months pregnant is better than traveling 22 hours with a baby.

Laura said...

Congrats Dan and Betsy!! That is wonderful news!

Tiffany said...

Terrific news! Congratulations, Mazzuccos!

jrh17 said...

Dan, I missed your Short Circuit reference and video link the first time I read your post.

Fantastic and worthy of congratulations.

The same should also apply to your child news, of course.

JH